Saturday 16 October 2010

Update – We made it home !!

Didn’t want to update anything until we were safely home, just didn’t want to jinx anything.  We left Flagstaff on Saturday the 9th and arrived home yesterday.  We were on pins and needles the whole way home, but our ‘beast’ gave us no more trouble. 

We have just about unpacked all of our stuff.  Today I’m going to go and blow out the lines and when I can get to the store I’ll do the antifreeze part.  She still needs a good cleaning, then we’ll take her over to the dealer and get anther transmission flush (the fellow in Flagstaff recommended we do that) and also the coolant.  An oil change and an oil change and filter for the genny too and then we’ll store her for about 2 1/2 months. 

Thanks all of you who wished us luck and sent words of encouragement, it was greatly appreciated.  We were really in the depths of despair with this rad problem.  

As we’re not going anywhere for a couple months, there will be no more blogs until then.

**Sorry I missed a new follower..welcome Rick and Paulette.  I’ve been following your blog for a long time and really enjoy it.  Thanks for signing up, but I won’t have any new entries for a while.  Enjoy your new 5er.**

 

Until much later then…take care.

1 comment:

  1. I just read the whole saga of your trip. Too bad about the mechanical problems, but at least they happened right at the end. You hit all my favorite places, although I've only been in the spring or fall. I guess Bryce was nice weather since it's always too cold when I go. That picture of Bryce in your blog header is absolutely fantastic. I agree about the hassle of loading and unloading - it was a lot easier when I was a fulltime RVer. I'll be following along on your future trips.

    Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete