Saturday 25 December 2010

Quick One

Was so pleasantly surprised today to see 2 new followers..welcome Wandering Willy and Happy Trails.

Christmas is over for another year.  It’s always such a huge rush and build up and it’s over so fast.  I spend all day cooking, preparing and organizing a big meal and it’s done and eaten in about 45 minutes.  Gee, I wish it only took 45 minutes to get it on the table.  But it was yummy and everyone was crying the blues about being too full.  So I guess it was well worth the effort.  Everyone is gone now, the house is back to normal.  Hubby and dogs have gone off to bed and I’m just winding down here.  It was a great day!

Monday we’re going over to where we store the rig and bringing her home.  I have 9 days to get packed up and ready for our 3 1/2 month trip south.  Seems like I make a zillion trips from the house to the rig.  Just when I think I’ve loaded everything, another thing pops into my head.  I have woken up in the middle of the night and tell myself ‘I must remember to put this in’ and of course in the morning it’s completely erased from my brain.  So I keep a pen and pad on my nightstand.  Sometimes it’s a little difficult to read what I’ve written down, but it helps to know it’s there if I get a brain wave in the middle of the night.

Well, it’s late, I’m very tired.  The house is quiet and I’m the only living thing in it that’s not sleeping.  So I’m off to bed.  Night all.

1 comment:

  1. You are absolutely right about more and more things popping into your head about packing. We are leaving tomorrow morning and our front hall is now full of 'extras' - I sure hope that's the end of it.

    ReplyDelete